At the start of 2018, we created an article titled “Get Your Business in Shape This Year”. It compared the similarities between joining the gym and marketing a business.
In a nutshell, everyone joins the gym at the start of the year with goals of getting fitter, stronger and beach body ready. But after a couple of months hitting the gym three times per week, the results are not seen and give up. Much like marketing your business, a couple of ideas are tried but because the results aren’t instant business owners give up.
So, we’re just over halfway through the year. Are you getting results and crushing your business goals? Or did you give up due to the lack of results after running a couple of Facebook adverts, writing a blog article and sending an email campaign?
If you gave up don’t wait another 6 months to start thinking about marketing again. Make a start today to end the year on a high and position your business for a headstart in 2019.
Take a look at the ideas below and you’ll get your business back into shape and start getting the results you’ve always wanted.
Your marketing strategy is where it all begins. Brainstorm some ideas and start to lay out the initial plans that will help you achieve the goals you’re setting.
Depending on how much time you can dedicate and how much budget you can allocate to marketing will determine what is achievable over the coming months.
Here are some questions to get you thinking…
- What are your goals? More website visitors, footfall, enquiries, sales, brand awareness?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- Who are your competitors?
- What are the most effective ways to reach your target audience? Appearing high in Google, social media, paid advertising, email campaigns, influencer marketing, blogging, a competition?
- What are your timescales?
- How will you measure success?
- How much time can you dedicate?
- How much money can you allocate?
Depending on your industry, not every marketing activity is going to be effective. You need to identify which marketing channels will be the most effective and have a good impact in the short and long term.
Once you have your marketing strategy in place it’s time to execute it. For marketing to be effective you need to stick to the plan and be consistent to get the best results possible.
Here are the types of marketing activities you could be doing on a daily/weekly basis…
- Generating new content for social media
- Monitoring and responding to social media comments
- Researching and creating new blog articles
- Creating and monitoring paid social media or pay per click adverts
- Monitoring website traffic
- Keyword research
- Local and national search engine optimisation
- Creating email campaigns
- Blogger outreach
- Contacting influencers
- Acquiring high-quality backlinks
- Updating the website
Tracking your marketing activities is important. If you’re not tracking your results daily or weekly how will you know what’s working and what’s a waste of money? Tracking your progress will enable you to calculate your return on investment (ROI) and make your marketing more cost effective.
Knowing your ROI will highlight which marketing activities are the best value for money. You might even increase the budget on that particular activity because it’s working so well and reduce the budget on others.
Here are some good tools for tracking results…
- SEO – Moz, SEMRush
- Social Media – Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Dasheroo, Agency Analytics, Cyfe
- Email campaigns – MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Website traffic – Google Analytics
- Blogger outreach/influencers – Buzzstream
If you make a start today and jot down some marketing ideas there’s no reason why your business won’t see improvements by the end of the year and ready to make a great start in 2019.
One of the main hurdles business owners have is time. Business owners just don’t have the time to create, oversee and execute a full marketing plan thoroughly and consistently before the daily running of the business takes over.
Don’t fret because this is where Mechanised can help. We can take all of your marketing headaches away, leaving you to concentrate on your business as we help you get the results you want.
Want to know more about our digital marketing services and how they will get your business in shape?
Call 0161 791 0100 or email email@example.com.